Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Update - October 2nd at 4:40 p.m.

Hello everyone. I wanted to post an update that's a bit overdue. I was out of town this weekend, so it's been a few days since I've been able to provide an update.

If you haven't read the latest posts from Travis and Kelly, please do so by clicking "Bennett's Site" at the top of the right column. They haven't posted today, but they did provide a couple of informative posts yesterday as well as a specific list of things for which we can be praying.

Also, I heard from them this weekend, so I wanted to update you on financial needs. At this point, longer-term needs such as hospital costs are unknown. So, if you'd like to help financially right now, you can consider sending a gift card. Gas cards and restaurant cards would be helpful, as would grocery gift cards. I confirmed this weekend that they shop for groceries at Safeway, so hopefully that information will help.

If you want to help financially, I'm sure meeting some of these short-term needs would be great. However, I would also encourage you to consider holding off until longer-term needs are known. There's no guarantee that there will be a long-term need, but in case there is, I'm sure that lots of people will need to pull together to meet it.

For those of you who have sent me e-mails in the last few days, I'll be returning them in the next 24 hours. The trip out of town and the return to a crazy work environment have caused me to be late on responses. I'm sorry about that.

Don't forget about praying, paging, posting, and sending photo wishes as means of supporting Travis and Kelly. They appreciate and lean on all you're doing, so let's keep it up!

No comments: