Friday, October 19, 2007

Update - October 19th at 12:15 p.m.

I just wanted to provide a quick update and let you know that Bennett's improvements continue (see "Bennett's site" to get details). I'd like to ask everyone to send up prayers of thanksgiving this weekend for Bennett's improvements since August 20th.

Let's also pray for Travis and Kelly as they continue life in the NICU. They both spend so much time there these days, and I'm sure they are so drained from the last two months. I think we need to say special prayers for them to help them endure the days until little Bennett gets to go home. Let's pray for their physical strength and their mental, emotional, and spiritual endurance.

I'm going to be making another delivery of photos and goodies to them tonight, so for those of you who have sent recent photo wishes, THANK YOU! I'll continue delivering them as long as I keep getting them. So, if you haven't sent one yet, it's not too late.

Let's also not forget about the prayer pager. I know that Bennett's condition has improved, but we should be using the prayer pager when we thank God for Bennett as well as when we pray for him, Kelly, and Travis. So, let's continue to pray and page little Bennett all the way home!

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Erica,

Thanks so much for keeping this site up while the days were so critical for Bennett. Like Travis and Kelly, I feel so thankful for the NICU staff at Georgetown and the care they provided for the entire Speck family. I thought it would be nice if ALL of Bennett's prayer warriors could send in thank you notes to the NICU staff. I am sure they get thanked by the parents but how cool for them to know that so many people have been praying for them and are thankful them!

Could you run this idea by Travis and Kelly and if it's ok, would you post the address we could send these thank you notes?

Again, thank you for your countless efforts to bless this beloved family!

Jaime

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.