Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Update - September 26th at 5:20 p.m.

As you may have already read on Bennett's site, he was extubated last night and transitioned to the CPAP. This news is wonderful - a huge step for little Bennett - so let's all remember to say prayers of thanksgiving today. If you haven't read the full report, please see the journal entries from earlier today and last night.

Today was the day Travis and Kelly were scheduled to speak with the pediatric neurologist about Bennett's MRI results, so thanks for all of your prayers related to that. Let's continue to pray for that during the rest of the day.

I also want to let you know that Travis and Kelly are still requesting no visitors at this time. There will be a time when visitors will be more appropriate, and they've said that they would let me know when that time comes. So, in the meantime, you can show your support by photo wishes, prayer pages, and other creative means.

If you haven't already sent a photo wish, it's definitely not too late. Just follow the instructions at the right and send them my way. My plan is to collect and deliver them each week as long as there's a need. These photos will outlast the current situation, so I know that Travis and Kelly will treasure them no matter when they're sent. So, consider making and sending one in the next few days. And FYI...new photo wishes have been posted to the bottom of the right column.

Let's also not forget about the prayer pager. Although the reports during the past few days have been steps in the positive direction, our little Bennett isn't out of the woods yet. Travis and Kelly have been dealing with this situation for 5 1/2 weeks now, so as they grow weary, we need to be there to support and encourage them. So, follow the instructions in the right column to keep paging them daily.

Finally, I'll briefly mention ways to support Travis and Kelly financially. I don't know of any specific financial needs at this time, but I'm sure that grocery gift cards, restaurant gift cards, and gas cards would be helpful in the short term. Looking more long term, I don't know what the need will be for defraying medical costs, helping with care expenses, etc. Once I find out, I'll be sure to post that information.

I'm amazed at the outpouring of love I've witnessed during this situation. I can't imagine how it makes Travis and Kelly feel. Thanks to you all for your generous, loving hearts. You're truly making a difference in the lives of this precious family. Take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to send a gift card to Travis and Kelly, but I do not live near them. What are specific gift cards that they would be able to use in their area (ie, which grocery stores, gas stations, etc. are convenient for them) and where can we send them?

Thanks for keeping up their prayer blog!