Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Update - September 25th at 10:45 p.m.

If you haven't read the most recent postings, you'll want to click on "Bennett's Site" at the top of the right column.

The latest and greatest news is that Bennett's extubation is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday). This is wonderful news, and I know that Travis and Kelly are thrilled! Let's all pray for the extubation to happen if appropriate, let's pray that it goes smoothly, and let's pray that Bennett tolerates the CPAP well (the CPAP is a device that will replace the tube).

Tomorrow is also the day when Travis and Kelly are scheduled to meet with the pediatric neurologist, so let's all be praying that they'll get a good report and that they'll be able to understand what the doctor says.

I must apologize to those who sent photo wishes last week, because I didn't deliver them to the hospital as planned due to a series of events. I will be delivering them during the week this week. I apologize for the delay.

Speaking of photo wishes, if you haven't sent yours, please consider doing so soon. You can find out how to make and send photo wishes by reading the instructions in the right column. Also, I have posted new photo wishes at the bottom of the right column, so check them out.

I've gotten some more questions about financial help for Travis and Kelly. In terms of short-term needs, I'm sure that grocery gift cards, restaurant gift cards, and gas cards would be very useful for Travis and Kelly. If you're out of town and don't know what grocery chains, restaurants, or gas stations are local to the D.C. area, just send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to pass that information along.

In terms of long-term needs, I believe those will depend on how much longer Bennett is in the NICU. I'm going to check with Travis and Kelly's families about setting up a fund for them to help defray costs. I'll certainly post information about that fund here once I have it.

Please be in prayer for Travis, Kelly, and Bennett tomorrow. Let's make the prayer pager go off all day to let them know that we're supporting them and encouraging them every step of the way. As a reminder, the instructions for the prayer pager are in the right column. Take care!