Friday, September 21, 2007

Update - September 21st at 9:40 a.m.

Hey everyone. Although there are no updates on Bennett's Site this morning, I'm sure we'll be getting one soon.

Let's all make today one where we say extra prayers for Travis, Kelly, and Bennett. Travis and Kelly will have an important meeting at 2 p.m., so let's all cover them with prayers at that time.

Continue to pray for Bennett today and the various issues for which Travis and Kelly have requested prayers. I know that we all want to see his full recovery, so let's continue praying for that.

Before I go, here are a few more quick notes/requests:

1. If you are a leader of a small group in any church across the country, I'd like to request two things from you:
a. Please e-mail me if your group would like to volunteer to take care of various needs that Travis and Kelly have. I don't have any specifics yet, but I'd like to go ahead and activate a network of people that would be willing to help. So again, if you're a small group leader, please e-mail me your name, your church, and your e-mail address. I'll begin "activating the troops" as needs arise.
b. Please consider having your entire small group make a photo wish for Travis and Kelly. There have been a few groups to do so already, and those photos are very special to Travis and Kelly. So, please think about having a small group photo wish taken.

2. If you haven't sent a photo wish from yourself or your family, please consider doing so. I will be taking another batch to the hospital tomorrow night, so please e-mail them to me by tomorrow at noon. As a reminder, instructions are in the right column.

3. Many of you have asked about ways to help Travis and Kelly financially. At this point, their financial needs are unknown. Once there is more information about what help they might need, I will make sure to let everyone know. So, please stay tuned about that.

Please remember to pray for Bennett throughout the day today. And, set a reminder for yourself to pray for them at 2 p.m. They continue to need our prayers as much today as they did one month ago, so let's continue to support them. Don't forget about the prayer pager, as we need to continue sending them tangible signs of our support. Take care!

1 comment:

George said...

Hi Erica,

I also work with Travis and several friends would like to help in someway. Please let us know how we can help.

George Black
w 301-594-5078
H 703-723-1730
blackg@mail.nih.gov